Rematch: Penguins vs Panthers (Tue, Feb 26)
The Penguins have had much success with playing against Floridians. See below:
February 22: Florida Panthers (W 3-1)
February 24: Tampa Bay Lightning (W 5-3)
Interestingly enough, both of these victories had Marc-Andre Fleury in goal. However, tonight’s match-up with start Tomas Vokun in goal against Jose Theodore (e.g. pronounced tay-a-door). The Panthers are coming off a 4-1 loss against the Boston Bruins, while the Penguins are coming off of a 5-3 win against the Tampa bay Lighting. The Panthers are 2-6 when facing teams twice within the same season. The Penguins are 7-4 when facing teams twice in the same season.
Florida Panthers (5-9-4)
- Goals Scored Per Game: 2.3 (25th ranked in NHL)
- Goals Against Average: 3.6 (30th ranked in NHL)
- Power Play Success Percentage: 16.2 % (24th ranked in NHL)
- Power Play Kill Percentage: 73.21 % (29th ranked)
Pittsburgh Penguins (13-6-0)
- Goals Scored Per Game: 3.3 (3rd ranked in NHL)
- Goals Against Average: 2.6 (15th ranked in NHL)
- Power Play Success Percentage: 27.5 % (2nd ranked in NHL)
- Power Play Kill Percentage: 82.6 % (13th ranked)
Theodore is a better goal tender than Scott Clemmensen; therefore, I predict a close decision: Penguins 3 Panthers 2. For all you sports gamblers out there, take the Penguins and under 5.5 goals.