Pens vs. Jets: Does the Streak Continue?
Tonight is an excellent match-up as two divisional leaders go head-to-head. The Panthers are coming off of a 1-0 victory over the Montreal Canadiens, while the Jets are coming off a 4-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes. The comparisons are below:
Pittsburgh Penguins (26-8-0, 1st Atlantic Division)
- Goals Scored Per Game: 3.4 (1st raked in NHL)
- Goals Against Average: 2.5 ( 11th ranked in NHL)
- Power Play Success Percentage: 24.0 % (2nd ranked in NHL)
- Power Play Kill Percentage: 79.7 % (21st ranked in NHL)
Winnipeg Jets (18-14-2, 1st Southeast Division)
- Goals Scored Per Game: 2.6 (18th ranked in NHL)
- Goals Against Average: 2.9 (21th ranked in NHL)
- Power Play Success Percentage: 15 % (26th ranked in NHL)
- Power Play Kill Percentage: 78.9% (24th ranked)
The Penguins are looking to win 14 games in a row. Can they do it? The Miami Heat's streak came to a screeching halt last night losing to the Chicago Bulls. Will the Pens share the same fate? We have split the series against the Jets one game a piece, losing 4-2 and winning 3-1. Based on these statistics, I am predicting a close match-up. Choose the Penguins to win and under 5.5 goals. Prediction: Penguins 2 Jets 1.